Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bathroom Buddy: Fiber Plus

A sucker for anything Fiber - without any hint of hesitation - Kellogg’s Fiber Plus Antioxidants (Dark Chocolate Almond) found itself in my shopping cart and straight to my office drawer. Without even having the time to acquaint itself with my stapler, it became morning snack #1.



Chewy and studded with chocolate and almonds in every bite, Fiber Plus is a delightful diet snack with 130 calories, 5g saturated fat and, 9g fiber and 7g sugar per bar. I must have eaten mine in 4 bites - quite a record for someone who prefers tiny, slow nibbling over the ravenous mastication. Promising 35% of our daily fiber, it also makes the pledge to make us full longer.


Promise fulfilled. Plus it tasted more like a dessert bar.


In my haste to gobble it down before Willy Wonka could snatch it from me, I forgot to check the ingredient list, which I managed to do only post meal. Ingredient number 1 is Chicory Root Fiber, to be followed by Rolled Oats and Crisp Rice - the carby bunch.


Does Chicory Root Fiber ring a bell? It does to me, being a proponent of teas, and this one makes it to the “diet” tea bunch. You know, where diet is synonymous to digestive.


How funny it was to learn about this relevant piece of dietary information after finishing a bar in the office. Googling it further, I uncovered numerous bathroom jokes on Fiber Plus and Chicory Root. You do know where I’m getting at - well certainly not the bathroom. While Fiber Plus may have spawned quite a bathroom population in certain gluttonous regions - no, I’m not part of it - this should be met with good news as to its fiber-rific claim. At least here’s one granola bar doing its job on promoting health and cleansing our system.


As to the bathroom jokes, best to snack on this when you’re at your fiber low. One bar at a time. Nice and easy.


Tissues might come in handy as well. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment