Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Carlie's Way: Break Time with Carlie de Murga

Proud of my high school Spanish, I brushed up on what I thought was muy excelente conversational Espanol in preparation for the interview with Fil-Spanish Azkals and Global FC player Carlie de Murga.


Unfortunately, my linguistic proficiency was reduced to turista level as rapid Spanish paragraphs from Angel Guirado caught me off-guard and Carlie greeted not with an “Hola!” but the strangely familiar “Kamusta ka?” With that, the Spanish came flying out of the window, as I settled with the universal language of consolation, English.


Funny and mind boggling at times, the Carlie interview was peppered with “invented” words and Espanol names I could never spell. I don’t recall any serious moments or glum expressions, since Carlie was beaming, a perfect “Magandang umaga!” fresh from siesta.


Find out more about Carlie, another sibling collaboration at Carlie’s Way: Break Time with Carlie Martínez de Murga. First seen at the Azkals official website, and here to stay.


Adios!


J. Anne


Carlie de Murga Jenina Gonzales Lazy Black CAt

No comments:

Post a Comment